|Note: Need new clipboard. Add to wish list.|
Got a bunch of lists going. Some are on scraps of paper. Others find there way to the trash can. There are to do lists and top ten lists and lists that get shorter and list that get longer.
A few random items got added to the wish list, which always seems to be getting longer. Let's take a moment to review some of the wish list, in no particular order:
- World peace and an end to hunger.
- A time machine to visit George Washington to show him how to "gator" a volleyball and hear him scream "IT'S UP!!"
- Water served from pitchers with ice behind the bench to thirsty volleyball players, just to add a classy touch to the volleyball show.
- To always be nice to the nice because it is nice (to paraphrase M*A*S*H character Colonel Blake).
- Video with instant replay and also limited "instant preview" to optimize rotation matchups.
- More opportunities to play volleyball for everyone who wants to play, and for everyone else, too, because they don't yet know they want to play.
- Greater appreciation for the art in sport and the sport in art. Examples: 1) Volleyballs are great objects for découpage; 2) Training for the movement and form of volleyball transitions has an element of improvisation in its choreography.
- Rain in amounts less than 5 inches per day.
- A "gravity release" button and/or arm extenders... at least for aging players.
- Whistles with an extra set of eyes. An R2 for more boys volleyball matches would support game management and promote learning opportunities similar to the fall girls season. Expensive whistles, I know.
- Pens that don't run out of ink during the match.
- Cushioned seats for the parents sitting on the bleachers.
- Checklists with a bunch of check marks next to all the items that need to be completed to make everything right.
And so on. Feel free to add to the list. We have more time to address these and more. The season has been extended to the second round of playoffs on Tuesday, May 6, 2014. Wootton will play the winner of Poolesville/Churchill. Time TBA.